Hello Fit People!!!
thank you for coming to our first workout. It was great to see you all!
With this session the challenge started. Let’s quickly review the scoring we are using and some tips on each of them.
Instead of counting lots of calories we will be score on quality:
- 1 point per meal that includes fresh leafy greens and a variety of vegetables.
Kale, Spinach, Lettuces, Collard Greens, Cabbage. You can eat fresh or cooked by themselves or as part another meal like quiche for example.
Cucumbers, broccoli, green beans, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, zucchini, artichoke, carrots, etc.
- 1/2 point per meal that includes a serving of fruits
Berries, apples, oranges, grapefruit, grapes, etc. Eat them by themselves or in a salad or as part of a unsweetened smoothie for example.
- 1/2 point per meal that includes a serving of meat (if vegetarian a high quality grain substitute such as quinoa, chia, etc)
Beef, game, poultry, fish, Bison. During the challenge stick with lean meats although animal fat – in the right amounts – are great for the human body.
- 1/2 point for fresh made – not sugar added – juicing that includes vegetables.
Juicing is great but vegetables are more beneficial when eaten whole because of the fibers and we use more calories to process them that way. If you have to sweeten it use something like stevia or agave.
- 1/2 point per meal that includes healthy carbohydrates
Carrots, sweet potato, plantains, broccoli, wild rice, etc. This great carbs are packed with nutrients but still should be eaten in moderation and ideally as post workout meals.
- 1/2 a point per meal that includes healthy fats.
Avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, fish oil, etc. Cook with them, include them in salads, they will help you feel satiated and they are important for your body’s health.
3 negative points if the meal includes process foods (things like frozen or pantry meals, pasta, breads, pizzas,etc )
3 negative points if the meal includes added sugar (includes syrups, and honey as well)
5 negative points if the meal includes transfats (most fast food)
5 negative points fast food
3 negative points if the meal includes wheat flour.
January 3, 2015 Kettlebells+ Routine
- Warm up. Joint mobility.
- Circuit 1 x 2:
- Kettlebell high pull. 30 sec
- Jumping jack. 30 sec
- Push up. 30 sec
- Jumping jack. 30 sec.
- Kettlebell lateral lunges. 30 sec
- V-Ups. 30 sec
- Circuit 2 x 3:
- Front plank. 30 sec
- Side plank hip press. 15 sec & 15 sec
- Jump rope. 1 minute
- Power swings (hip hinge or squat swing)
20 seconds work (10 seconds rest) x 8
- 15 minutes full body routine